Samsung Galaxy S2 Release Date
The Galaxy S II, which was teased back in February during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, will debut on May 1st. There’s no official word on pricing but in order to stay competitive it would have to be priced nearly at US$550 running Android 2.3 Gingerbread and would be sold by “all major networks and retailers.”
Apart from the Awesome Samsung GalaxyS II specs we already know, there would be an additional Dual core 1.2Ghz model available as well.
Update: Samsung has officially announced US release in April 2011, and all asian markets in early May 2011.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Full Specs, Features
- Displayd: 4.27″ 800×480 Super AMOLED Plus
- CPU: Samsung’s dual core 1Ghz (& 1.2Ghz) processor. (not Nvidia Tegra2)
- GPU: Quad core gpu capable of bursting 3.2 Gigapixels/s.
- Camera: Dual camera — 8MP rear with Flash, 1080p video, 2MP front.
- Cloud services: Track your phone, ring phones, remote wipe, lock, automatically sends sms when SIM is changed to specified numbers, manage device via wifi & web browser, without KIES app.
- Dimensions: World’s Thinnest Smartphone, 8.49 mm thick.
- OS Features: Android Gingerbread 2.3 with TouchWiz 4 — Samsung Game Hub, Social Hub, Music Hub, Readers Hub (ebooks, Newspapers, more).
- Enterprise: Full Encryption, on device encryption encrypted hardware), Cisco anyConnect VPN, Webex, VoIP, CCx certified device — seamless voice, MDM (Sybase), Remote wipe, monitoring.
- Connectivity: HSPA+ Wifi 802.11bgn, Bluetooth 3.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity sensor, Gyroscope
- NFC: integrated NFC support (on some versions).
For the US, Samsung plans to launch the Galaxy SII by the end of April 2011. Asian markets would start seeing the device by mid-May 2011.
The most awaited dual core android phone is just around the corner.