Install, Update Official Android 4.1.2 JellyBean on Galaxy Note N7000 [XXLSZ]
The official Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean has arrive for the Original Galaxy Note N7000. Galaxy Note was Samsung’s first phablet, and also industry’s phablet to catch mass market. Original Galaxy Note reached 10million sales within few months of launch. The crown was later passed to Galaxy Note II.
Note II came with several new set of features like Multi-View (multiwindow), SmartRotate, etc. Good news is that all of these features (minus AirView) are now available on Note 1 N7000 with the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update.
Some of the Enhancements in the new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update:
- Android 4.1.2 – Build JZO54K
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Multi-View (Multi Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
- Page Buddy
- Notification Panel can now be customized
- New Additions in Notification Panel
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Samsung’s Cloud services
- Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets From the Galaxy S III
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notifications bar
- Google Now
How to Update Galaxy Note N7000 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
What you need:
- Windows PC
- Drivers Download
- Odin software
- Micro-USB cable
- Jelly Bean Firmware N7000 XXLSZ firmware, Radio XXLSO (Official firmware)
Step 1. Unzip the ffile above to extract N7000XXLSZ_N7000OXALSZ_HOME.tar, this will be used in next steps.
Step 2: Enable USB debugging mode: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging. When done, switchoff your phone.
Step 3: Put your Galaxy Note into “download mode” using the following key-combinations:
Press and hold VolumeDown + Home + Power simultaneously. In a moment you’ll see an icon on display that indicates phone has entered download mode.
Step 4: Open ODIN and connect your Note I to PC via Micro-usb cable.
Step 5: Within a matter of seconds, ODIN will detect your Note N7000 connected. In case it doesn’t detect, reconnect via usb.
Troubleshooting: If it still fails, install the driver you downloaded above and restart from Step 4.
Step 6: Click the PDA button, then browse and select N7000XXLSZ_N7000OXALSZ_HOME.tar. When ready, click “Start”. ODIN will flash and update your Firmware to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Phone will boot into your newly installed Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Enjoy!