Install Android 4.1 Jellybean on Galaxy Tab 8.9, 10.1 [AOSP, CM10]
Ever since Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Open Sourced, we’ve seen loads of Jellybean ROMs for devices like Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, Galaxy S2, S3, Asus Transformer Prime, Galaxy Tab and others.
Jellybean aka Android 4.1 is now stable for Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9. Its available in two flavors:
- JellyBean AOSP (Stock look)
- CM10 Cyanogenmod 10 version for Jellybean.
What ROM should you choose?
The answer depends on your taste. If you love modding and custom ROMs, with non-stock UI, go for CM10. However, you love pure Google Experience with Holo UI, AOSP ROM is for you.
What may also add to your decision making is the fact that on the Galaxy Tab 8.9, the AOSP ROM is more stable whereas CyanogenMod 10 is more stable on the Galaxy Tab 10.1. Both have them are not perfect, but they work well.
If you’re the type who likes to stay ahead of the curve, checkout the download links below.
How to Install Jellybean on Galaxy Tab 10.1, 8.9
1. You need to be rooted.
2. Up next, install CWM recovery on your Galaxy Tab, you can google that.
3. In CWM recovery, Wipe data and then chooze zip from Sd card. Select the zip you downloaded.
4. Let CWM install the Jellybean OS and you will be done in couple of minutes.
Enjoy the Jellybean goodness on your Galaxy Tab.