HowTo Root Sony Google TV Android 3.2
Sony GTV can be rooted with GTVHacker Sony Recovery Downgrader & Rebooter. This method allows you to Run Custom unsigned Kernel, custom ROMs on Google TV, post rooting.
The method is universal ands completely bypasses the signatures normally used by the system: bootloader, kernel, and init binary. This hack offers following features:
- Modified flash plugin with random per box flash string for Content Provider Bypass.
- Crippled update feature to prevent box from receiving automatic updates.
- Completely RW system, cache, and rootfs partitions
- Full ADB Root (for developers)
- Removed signature checks on kernel / init scripts / init binary
- BETA: Enable NTFS Support for Sony Google TV devices
This update requires 4 USB sticks (512Mb+) and is a 100% softmod (No soldering required!).
Notes, Important considerations for Sony GTV Root
- This voids your warranty with Sony.
- This will wipe your data partition removing all apps, personal settings and resetting the GTV to factory settings.
- This may brick your GTV. It shouldn’t, but it still might!
- You must be at the most recent 3.2 OTA (Over The Air) before proceeding!
How to Root Sony Google TV: guide